A server with SPanel has the following software and services installed by default.
- Latest Apache Web Server
- Latest MariaDB database server
- All PHP versions from 5.6 to the latest stable running PHP-FPM
- Pure-ftpd FTP server
- Exim mail server
- Dovecot POP3/IMAP server
- SpamAssassin anti-spam service
- BIND DNS server
- NodeJS & NPM
- CSF Firewall
- Certbot for issuing free Let’s encrypt SSL certificates
- Softaculous one-click installer
SPanel supports all major web servers such as OpenLiteSpeed, LiteSpeed Enterprise, and Nginx as a reverse proxy of Apache. The SPanel administrator may manage them via the command line or the SPanel Admin Interface.
Additional software can be installed with the DNF/yum package manager or compiled from source by the systems administrator of the server as long as it doesn’t conflict with the pre-installed software managed by SPanel.